Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Dont Feel Like IT

"We live in what one writer has called "age of sensation". We think that if we don't feel something there can be no authenticity in doing it. But the wisdom of God says something different, namely that we can act ourselves into a new way of feeling much quicker than we can feel ourselves into a new way of acting. Worship is an act which develops feelings for God, not a feeling for God which is expressed in an act of worship. "
Eugene Peterson: "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction", p.50
So the old saying, I don't feel called to do this, or I didn't feel like this was the time to share the Gospel just doesn't cut it. Forgive me Lord
"Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. " (Psalm 86:11, NASB95)

No comments:

Post a Comment